courtesy San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco 49ers at Chicago Bears
Sunday, December 6, 2015
With the Win…
- The 49ers improved to 33-30-1 all-time against the Bears, including an 11-17-1 record on the road.
- San Francisco has now won three of the last four overall matchups against Chicago.
- The Niners won in Chicago for the first time since defeating the Bears, 28-3, on 1/8/89 in the NFC Championship as the 49ers went on to defeat the Cincinnati Bengals in Super Bowl XXIII.
- The 49ers improved to 2-1 on the season against the NFC North.
Smith Scores From 70+
- QB Blaine Gabbert connected with WR Torrey Smith in overtime on a 71-yd. TD pass. Smith now has 3 TDs of 70-or-more yds. on the season.
- According to Elias, Smith became the first 49ers player to register 3 rec. TDs of 70-or-more yds. in the same season since WR John Taylor accomplished the feat in 1989. He is the first player in the NFL to reach the mark since Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon in 2013.
Gabbert Scampers For A TD
- Gabbert ran 6 times on the day for a career-high 75 yds. (12.5 avg.) and a career-long 44-yd. TD to tie the game, 20-20, with 1:42 remaining. It marked the first TD run of Gabbert’s career. He completed 18 passes for 196 yds. and 1 TD for a QB rating of 84.9.
Boldin Gets To 13,000
- With 5 recepts. for 37 yds. on the day, WR Anquan Boldin became the 18thplayer in NFL history to record 13,000-or-more rec. yds. in their career. He now has 13,001 career rec. yds.
Draughn Finishes The Drive
- RB Shaun Draughn capped off a 16-play, 81-yd. drive with a 1-yd. TD run in the 2nd qtr. It marked his 3rd career TD run and first since 11/1/12 at SD as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Welcome Ward Back to Illinois
- Northern Illinois alumnus DB Jimmie Ward intercepted Bears QB Jay Cutler and returned it 29 yds. for his first career INT and first career TD. It marked the first INT for a TD since 12/20/14 vs. SD (S Antoine Bethea – 49-yd. INT return).
Tartt Gets To Cutler
- S Jaquiski Tartt brought down Jay Cutler for his 2nd career sack. His first came in the team’s season-opening game vs. Min.
Ellington’s Career Long Return
- WR Bruce Ellington had 4 kickoff returns for 98 yds. (24.5 avg.), including a career-long 40-yd. return.
- P Bradley Pinion had 9 punts for 433 yds. (48.1 avg.), including a career-long 62-yd. punt.