San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals
Sunday, November 13, 2016
Courtesy of San Francisco 49ers
Turn Them Over
- The 49ers defense registered 4 takeaways of the Arizona Cardinals (2 INTs and 2 FRs), tying a season high [Week 2 at Car. (9/18/16) – 3 FRs and 1 INT].
- Early in the 1st Qtr., CB Keith Reaser forced a Cardinals WR J.J. Nelson fumble, marking the 1st FF of Reaser’s career. S Antoine Bethea recovered the fumble for his 1st FR of the season, 5th of his career and first since 10/20/13 vs. Den., as a member of the Indianapolis Colts.
- On Arizona’s first possession of the 2nd half, LB Eli Harold had a strip-sack of Cardinals QB Carson Palmer for his first sack and first FF of his career. DL DeForest Buckner recovered Palmer’s fumble. The fumble led to a 53-yd. FG by K Phil Dawson.
- S Eric Reid intercepted Palmer for his 1st INT of the season, 8th of his career and his first since 12/14/14 at Sea.
- In the 4th Qtr., LB Gerald Hodges intercepted Palmer for his 2nd INT of the season and 3rd of his career. The takeaway led to a 4-yd. TD run by QB Colin Kaepernick.
Buck In Here
- DL DeForest Buckner brought down Palmer for a 9-yd. loss and his 3rd sack of the season. Along with his FR, he has now registered 2 games this season with at least 1.0 sack and 1 FR (10/16/16 at Buf. – 2.0 sacks & 1 FR).
- The 49ers defense registered a season-high 10 PDs, as DB Jimmie Ward established a new career high with 4 PDs. The team finished with double-digit PDs for the first time since they recorded 11 at NYG (11/16/14).
Kap Finds Kerley
- QB Colin Kaepernick connected with WR Jeremy Kerley on a 17-yd. TD pass in the 2nd Qtr. It marked Kerley’s 3rdTD recept. of the year and 12th of his career.
- In 2 games against Arizona this season, Kerley registered 15 recepts. for 179 yds. and 2 TDs.
- QB Colin Kaepernick rushed for 55 yds. on 10 atts. (5.5 avg.) and 1 TD on the ground, his 1st rushing TD of the season, 12th of his career and his first since 9/27/15 at Arz.
QP’s Career Long
- WR Quinton Patton finished with 3 recepts. for a 52 yds. (17.3 avg.), including a career long recept. of 45 yds.
Dawson Passes Craig
- With 8 points (2 FGs, 2 PATs) against the Cardinals, K Phil Dawson moved past RB Roger Craig (396 pts.) for 10thon the franchise’s all-time scoring list.
|All-Time Leading Scorers,|
|8.||K Bruce Gossett||460|
|9.||RB Frank Gore||458|
|10.||K Phil Dawson||399|
|11.||RB Roger Craig||396|
|12.||RB Ken Willard||366|
- Dawson kicked a season-long 53-yd. FG, extending his franchise record to 14 made FGs of 50-or-more yds.